> I'd say that if you have a good idea of what you want & have looked at
> how love2d is structured, it's feasible to get a runnable prototype of a
> beginner-friendly environment in about 1-2 hours.  (Yes, it really is
> very hackable & close to usable.)  After a few more hours of polishing
> it should be in acceptable shape to try it on real beginners.  (And then
> you improve it over the next weeks/months – better error messages, …)

Is this a description of something you are actually working on?

Some time ago [1] tried to produce something of the kind, presumptuously
called it viLua (visual Lua), got shot down because the prefix 'vi' makes
Unix old-timers long for the days of terminal-based text editors.

When I tried running it now, it wouldn't (Love has made some breaking
changes since 2011). But I can distinctly remember that it took me
more than two hours ...