Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> BASIC had just a few keywords and automatically numbered your lines.
> The system, such as it was, was integrated with it,  And it had graphics.
> MOVE 10, TURN 30, PEN DOWN, MOVE 20. It gave a wow factor.

I think you may be conflating BASIC and LOGO with one another.

A search of Apple II BASIC keywords does not reveal any keywords for MOVE, TURN, PEN DOWN... However, those most assuredly are keywords for LOGO! :)

Personally, I grew up using the Atari family of computers... in some ways I miss the simplicity of the 8-bit days. However, I do not miss 1 mHz processors or floppy drives... or cassette tapes! ;)

~Paige