Ross Berteig <Ross@CheshireEng.com> wrote:

> For a working example of the kind of thing you are imagining, check out the Yocto Project[1], which is a build system for Linux distros, where the entire distro is built fresh by downloading from upstream sources, patching, building, installing, and ultimately creating disk images.
>
> It works.
>
> But man is it a complex beast to find your way into.
>
> There's likely lots of lessons to learn from there.

Thank you very much for pointing me towards the Yocto Project, I will look
into it further... and actually, that is something I can see myself actually
using as I do like to run servers with only what is needed, without bloat!

As you forgot your footnote I am going to guess you mean this URL:
https://www.yoctoproject.org

~Paige