Hi Adel, See my comments below your original email (it's called a bottom post).

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Bill Kelsoe <wildbillkelsoe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been reading PIL 5.1/RM5.1 but I just finished the first two chapters
> in PIL with some basic understanding. I found the following terms
> undescribed or briefly described in technical terms that I could not
> understand. I was hoping for a reference for a baby trying to understand
> programming for the first time of their life. For example, the lines of code
> separated by two dashes line (comment), is a chunk. An Object is part of a
> Class but I dont even know what an object is or the class to begin with.
>

> Array (and associative type)
> Argument
> Calls(Function Calls)
> Constructor
> Compiler
> Class
> Chunk
> Data structure
> Definition(Multi-line)
> Declaration
> Delimit
> Expression
> Element
> Function
> Interpreter
> Identifier
> Initialisation
> Object
> Prompt
> Parameter
> Procedure
> Tuple
> Table
> String
> Shell
> Statement
> Sentinel
> Variable (dummy, local, global, non-initialised)
> Value (immutable, non-value, first class)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Adel

Hi Adel,

Were you able to run any of the examples? If so, a number of the terms
you list can be described very easily through example. The important
ones for you are:

Shell
Variable
Loop (I added this)
Function
String
Table

You will learn the rest by accident if you run some simple programs.
Do you have Lua installed?

Cheers,

Russ