Am 20.04.17 um 21:01 schrieb Dirk Laurie:

My personal experiment of providing a precompiled Lua application for
Mac OS X containing most of my modules received no feedback.
Maybe if you provided it for Linux, there would have been at least
one response :-)

My personal opinion is that your complex and mathx, and Roberto's
lpeg, should be distributed with Lua. Not built-in, just documented to
the standard of the Lua manual, built by the Makefile and installed
to a directory in the default package.path and package.cpath. That
would set the standard whereby other modules are to be measured.

No. It should not. Not everyone needs it. Lua's biggest asset is that it comes with almost no assets.