It was thus said that the Great Dirk Laurie once stated:
> I used to like lua-cjson but it does not sit well with Lua 5.3.
> Whenever a string could represent a number, it converts
> it to a float, so that every integer prints with a .0 at the end.
>
> Any recommendations for a module that works under Lua 5.3
> and does not have this annoying feature?

  I've just released my own JSON parser [1] that can return integers that
runs under Lua 5.1 or greater.  The only dependency is LPeg.  It is
available for downloading via LuaRocks with the module name
"org.conman.parsers.json".  The code was pretty much lifted straight off the
json.org homepage.

  -spc

[1]	https://github.com/spc476/LPeg-Parsers/blob/master/json.lua