Hi,

My 2 cents....
I think that having some access to metaprogramming (like in luaMacro or metalua) in the core is a missing part of lua. Having so can help extend the language and ease language extension, adding new syntactic sugar on the fly (for example, linked to an extension library (so libraries will also include macro definition)). The threading will be great too... but I understand it will prevent lua to be compiled on some systems... may be, at least, a parallel_for in the language with a default implementation to a normal for, and a link to tbb where available?
Craouette