On 02/03/17 12:22 PM, Charles Heywood wrote:
Literally nothing? I'm confused by this thread. If you don't want to use something, then *don't*.

It's called a rhetorical question, and you can read about them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:21 AM Soni L. <fakedme@gmail.com <mailto:fakedme@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 02/03/17 12:07 PM, 彭 书呆 wrote:
    > 在 2017/3/2 21:21, Tony Papadimitriou 写道:
    >> -----Original Message----- From: 彭 书呆
    >>
    >>> maybe we can add a command line switch to disable environment
    variable processing?
    >> You mean like the -E switch since Lua v5.2?
    >>

    > well, in my post I mean finer control over environment
    variables, e.g. I might want to skip the
    > processing of LUA_INIT but keep LUA_PATH/LUA_CPATH.
    >
    > but I think the -E switch can be enough for most cases. How come
    I totally never know it before.

    If you're gonna use the -E switch, what stops you from using the -e
    "package.path = 'stuff here' .. package.path" switch?

    --
    Disclaimer: these emails may be made public at any given time,
    with or without reason. If you don't agree with this, DO NOT REPLY.

Ryan <vandor2012@gmail.com <mailto:vandor2012@gmail.com>>
Software Developer / System Administrator
https://hashbang.sh