> On Jan 29, 2017, at 9:35 AM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 1/29/2017 11:41 PM, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
>> [snip snip snip]
>>>   should 'int' and 'size_t', in C, have the same color?
>>
>> You can make two different highlighting profiles
>> and switch between them depending on your needs.
>
> Agree, and I can't think of anything really bad as far as modern syntax highlighting is concerned, and styling can always be adjusted to meet personal needs. I don't hear of folks complaining about highlighting in Visual Studio either. So why are some folks not using it? Anyone else who prefer monochrome text who wants to speak up? :-)

Personally I find syntax coloring suffers from the “more is better” syndrome. Perhaps color just keywords and comments, but then leave everything else alone. it’s distracting to have too many colors (are horrid to look at), the default colors are often hard to read, and is useless to anyone who is color-blind (more people than you would think, and one reason why color is not a sole primary indicator for critical interfaces such as airplanes and medical equipment).

—Tim