> This is not a problem at all.
> Improperly closed literal strings are clearly visible due to syntax
> highlighting.
> IMO, using notepad (or similar castrated editor in your OS) for programming
> is a bad practice.
> Are you too concerned with debuggability, but the text editor you are using
> lacks Lua syntax highlighting?

Mine does. (More exactly, I don't use it.) Colors confuse me, because
they give a fixed interpretation for things that, for me, may have
different interpretations depending on what I am thinking [*].

Lua programs are text. Syntax highlight is not (yet) part of the
text. Text that needs special tools to be read has a bad smell to me.

[*] Simple example: should 'int' and 'size_t', in C, have the same color?

-- Roberto