On 1/12/2017 6:32 PM, Marc Balmer wrote:
[snip]
Also I think LuaJIT is not Lua.  Maybe it once was Lua, when Lua was at
5.1, but these days it is not Lua anymore, it's a mostly unmaintained
JIT compiler for an ancient version of Lua :)

I agree with keeping Lua and LuaJIT separate.

On TIOBE, just look where Scratch is. Oh, awk beats VHDL and Verilog. All this attention is mainly good to keep TIOBE as a company in the limelight for a bit. To the young guns, there are plenty of productive things to do instead of competing in this popularity contest...