Hello,
derived from an existing library) found on github.com/arcapos/luajson.

I have no idea, I never compared them.  I don't think dealing with JSON data is very CPU intensive, in any case.

If it's not CPU-intensive, why implementing it in C ?
if it is, better make it fast :-)

For large JSON files, I observed orders of magnitude differences between pure Lua and C-based implementations.
And hence I'm often scouting around to see if a new library can speed up the processing pipeline.

best,