On 04/12/16 08:59 PM, Soni L. wrote:

On 04/12/16 08:48 PM, Daurnimator wrote:
On 5 December 2016 at 01:00, Paul Merrell <marbux@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:
At the workshop this year I spoke about my efforts to convert the
historical source code of lua into git form.
I finally put the last pieces together (sorry! I promised it by
october...) and have now pushed the results to github.

It's split into 4 repositories:

   - Main source: https://github.com/lua/lua
   - Tests: https://github.com/lua/tests
   - luac: https://github.com/lua/luac
   - manual: https://github.com/lua/manual

See my talk's notes: https://www.lua.org/wshop16/Daurnimator.pdf

I think this is great too. But a readme at the top and for each branch
page would be nice. I saw no description of the git's content
anywhere, not even a note that this list's archives need to be
searched for the content's description. There will be people down the
line who didn't read your post and they'll be left to wonder what it
is they're looking at.
The repository contents themselves is the actual repository contents
of lua. It should not contain such a README.
The best github lets me do is change the repository description at the
top of the page.
However, what should I put?

"The Lua repo, as seen by the Lua team." and set the project URL to a .github.io page describing the thing, with a link to lua.org.

I mean, if possible, create a `lua.github.io` repo (yes, a repo), preferably with an issue tracker where we can post this kind of issue. This will automagically generate a website at lua.github.io (see "Github Pages"[1]) when you push to master.

This website should describe what the `lua` github is about.

[1] https://help.github.com/articles/what-is-github-pages/