On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:
> At the workshop this year I spoke about my efforts to convert the
> historical source code of lua into git form.
> I finally put the last pieces together (sorry! I promised it by
> october...) and have now pushed the results to github.
>
> It's split into 4 repositories:
>
>   - Main source: https://github.com/lua/lua
>   - Tests: https://github.com/lua/tests
>   - luac: https://github.com/lua/luac
>   - manual: https://github.com/lua/manual
>
> See my talk's notes: https://www.lua.org/wshop16/Daurnimator.pdf

I think this is great too. But a readme at the top and for each branch
page would be nice. I saw no description of the git's content
anywhere, not even a note that this list's archives need to be
searched for the content's description. There will be people down the
line who didn't read your post and they'll be left to wonder what it
is they're looking at.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]