On Nov 8, 2016 10:32 AM, "Daniel Silverstone" <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org> wrote:

> If there is call for it; we can look into publishing mboxes of the entire list
> archive (as we have it) and I imagine lhf has archives from before Pepperfish
> started hosting.

Yes. This is a good idea.

When I come across a project I want to get caught up on, I download all the mbox archives and import them into my local mail client. I have good tools for searching and threading my local mail.

I don't know how many people run local mail clients day-to-day. If webmail providers have an IMAP interface, it may be easy to upload your local mbox archives into webmail folders.

Jay