On 07/11/2016 02:50, Martin wrote:
On 16-11-04 12:00 AM, Philipp Janda wrote:
 ["GNU GPL v3"] = 4,
 ["GPL-3"] = 214,
 ["GNU/GPL 3"] = 2,
 ["GNU GPLv3"] = 3,
 ["GPL v3"] = 9,
 ["GPLv3"] = 14,

Ugh. Looks like some license name canonization wouldn't hurt.

+1.

Exactly what I thought when I saw that list.

This could also avoid misunderstandings: although the ones you cite are clearly the same license, there could be well cases (TL;DR) where a different spelling could actually mean a license variant (e.g. "generic" MIT vs. MIT/X11 vs. whatever).

Sadly I fear this could mean building a repository of "LuaRocks-approved" license IDs, so more work for the LuaRocks team.