On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Geoff Smith <spammealot1@live.co.uk> wrote:
> point 6 In favour of a forum format I forgot to mention earlier
>
> 6) If you make a mistake in a forum posting or omit something, you can
> easily go back in later and correct it, rather than having to post a later
> confusing correction like this email.  In this mailing list a mistake
> remains forever !

Well, unless the forum software is able to manage it well, which, for
me, is disallowing editions if someone different from the OP has READ
it, I find this ok. Other solutions may include marking ir as unread
or some other thing, but I cannot think of any.

Otherwise reading an edited post, which can include many responses to
the original text, may become a real PITA.

Francisco Olarte.