On 8 November 2016 at 05:20, Geoff Smith <spammealot1@live.co.uk> wrote:
> I cant think of any arguments against a message board format, apart from it
> would take some time and effort to set this up. I would be interested to
> hear other peoples opinions about this and why it hasnt already happened ?
> Am I in the minority with this point of view ?

maintenance on such a forum would take away time from someone to manage it.

I can't help be repeat the same message from the link Luiz posted:

---
Please, no! No no no no no! Forums are awful --- they're slow, clunky,
dreadful from a usability issue, they force your users to go and get the
messages rather than delivering them to your users' inboxes...

If you absolutely must have a webforum-like interface, then try checking out
the GMANE gateway to the mailing list:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.general

But please, let's keep the mailing list!
---

Unfortunately gmane doesn't have the archives, but marc does:
http://marc.info/?l=lua-l&r=1&w=2

At first you may feel mailing lists are "out dated", but you'll soon
understand it's still very popular and effective.
Learn to bottom post, though. ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

--
-------