Thanks for the kind words Kein-Hong, we are happy to help out the Scintilla project, and I passed along the message to our Komodo developers and I've mentioned to them about upstream contributions to Scintilla on Lua. No promises though.

The mention on nodeMCU is interesting.

-JR

On 2016-11-02 2:56 AM, KHMan wrote:
On 11/2/2016 3:07 AM, Jeff Rouse wrote:
[snip]
At ActiveState we have been in the open source tools and languages
business (Python, Perl, Tcl) for almost 20 years. We also build
developer tools, which are our Komodo Edit (open source) and IDE,
which has basic Lua support, and we are actively making further
Lua development improvements in those products.

As a contributor to the Scintilla edit control, I applaud ActiveState's long history of contributing to that project, and look forward to seeing more Lua developer tools appearing in the market.

Most hardware hobbyists have yet to move to IoT/embedded hardware with plenty of RAM and CPU power, but we're already seeing folks impressed by trailblazers like nodeMCU. With plenty of CPU and RAM, scripting and its attendant benefits can be embraced with minimal downsides, just as the gaming industry has done. When AAA games are built on game engines with scripting and all, they must have hit on something right. Complex IoT can benefit from productivity multipliers in the same way.

Although I have been updating Lua syntax highlighting for the Scintilla edit control, I prefer to code old-school with a bare-bones editor, so I will defer to others on the list on what they wish for in IDEs or platforms. I also welcome contributions upstream to improve Lua syntax highlighting for Scintilla, if there are any in the course of ActiveState's work.

It's great to hear of such endeavours, looking forward to future announcements!