Hi all,

At ActiveState we feel Lua has a bright future in a variety of application areas (IoT, embedded scripting, and many others), and we are looking for ideas on how to support the community, increase adoption and help enterprises utilize the language more effectively. I’m proud to say that in 2017, we will be providing a community- and enterprise-ready Lua distribution on a variety of platforms, shaped in part by the feedback we receive from the community.

At ActiveState we have been in the open source tools and languages business (Python, Perl, Tcl) for almost 20 years. We also build developer tools, which are our Komodo Edit (open source) and IDE, which has basic Lua support, and we are actively making further Lua development improvements in those products.

If you would like to ask any questions or provide thoughts on where we can best help the Lua community, feel free to respond to this thread, email me, or sign up to our mail list (http://www.activestate.com/lua) for advanced notice of when our distribution is available. We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
-JR