> The MIT license states that you must include the license with the software and that the authors aren't liable for anything caused by the software, which to me is the same thing as the above mentioned license, but with a more respectable wording.

The DWTFYW licence is pretty much a "public domain", but with a stupid name.

The initial intention was to bring attention to the fact that the MIT
license isn't clear, and there alternatives that are pretty much the
same (in spirit) as the MIT license, but they are much more explicit
in their notice.