On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 12:17 PM, rexonf <rexonf@gmail.com> wrote:
> What the ecosystem needs is better package management to be able to expand
> it easily.

Yes, if there's no 'friction' involved, then having functionality in
the core or outside is not an issue.

> LuaRocks is not there yet. E.g. I try to install lxp on Windows, it looks
> for libexpat.lib but that's not the name when you compile Expat for windows.

You must file a report with the maintainer, that's a bug. Rockspecs
have per-platform overrides and can easily cope with such a situation.
It's a big volunteer effort and many of us don't use Windows (anymore)