On 04/09/16 04:25 PM, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:

    We should add a number prefix for dozenals in Lua, with floating
    point, preferably

Lua is too minimalistic.
We do not even have binary numeric literals in Lua.

In my experience, hexadecimal is good enough. I'd much rather write long bitflags as hexadecimal than as 64 characters long strings.

Hexadecimal is also cleaner. For example the programming language I'm making[1] uses hexadecimal, even tho it works on bits:

You write '3f', not '301111', 'ff' not '331111' etc. The hexadecimal looks cleaner, even if a bit harder to remember.

[1] https://crates.io/crates/prexcl/
    https://bitbucket.org/SoniEx2/prexcl