Здравствуйте, Sean.

Вы писали 23 августа 2016 г., 9:11:13:

> It was thus said that the Great steve donovan once stated:
>> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 6:24 AM, Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:
>> > It's not that you assume it's bug free; but that you hope your bugs
>> > and their bugs are uncorrelated.
>>
>> Ah, good point. An argument for a completely brain dead yet convenient
>> enough test framework.

>   And still I ask---what does a framework buy you that assert() doesn't?
> Other than (in my opinion) excessive overhead on a possibly buggy framework?

>   -spc (Still puzzled by all this ... )

My main reasons are:

1. More assert functions and pretty error messages.
e.g. assert_string, assert_pass e.g.
2. Test does not stop if one test case fail and continue execute next.
3. Way to do some init/cleanup tasks before each test
e.g. create table in db or create file in file system

P.S. I use lunitx[1] one.

  [1] https://luarocks.org/modules/dougcurrie/lunitx

--
С уважением,