On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Pavel Drotar <gmc1@azet.sk> wrote:
> LuaSQL-MySQL is good example. It's luarock will never compile on that weird thing called Windows. It's because bad library name in module's rockspecs file. There is no library named mysqlclient.dll in MySQL installation on Windows. Right name is libmysql.dll.

Then that's a bug - bother the rockspec maintainer. Part of the
problem is most of us don't do the weird thing and don't _test_ on the
weird thing.  Certainly Hisham can't test all the rockspecs he gets
from people, it's the original author's responsibility and the
community's responsibility to alert the author.

> How many very popular C modules are there which provide what is easy installable in other languages or is a part of the standard library, standard installation, like connection via https or connection to mysql? 10? 20? Is it so hard to ask authors to verify their work?

We get spoiled on well-set up development boxes. For instance, Debian
packages most of the useful Lua libraries, it's an apt-get away.

Hence, the work you are doing is very important - you do the
compilation so that others don't have to !

steve d.