"Soni L." <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't consider C to be a mistake, no.

Thanks for your detailed reply here. I had in mind general complaints about
how difficult C strings have turned out to be in terms of use and security,
but I take your point that they do several things well—especially if we’re
concerned with efficiency. Similarly for Lua tables.  (For whatever it is
worth, I’ve been bit a few times by accidental nils, but for the most part
I’ve found it to be fine. It’s something that I have to keep in mind, but
every language has those areas.)

> > 2. Your reply style (quote everything and add your replies immediately
> >     below whatever you’re replying to without any extra space) is pretty
> >     painful to read.
>
> Sorry about that.

Thank you so much for taking my request in the spirit it was offered.
I really appreciate it.

Best, P