On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> for graphics toolkits. What would be nice is a Lua module that
> provides an abstraction layer for the more commonly needed
> operations, such as the one Love2D has.

Or just provided the basic widgets and delegated graphics to another
interface. Tkinter and IUP hit that sweet spot for me.

It's useful to access a full implementation through lgi etc, but
mostly we just want to knock up simple interactive interfaces using a
higher level interface. (Auto-generating forms from table structure is
an old hobby horse of mine)