pps.: as a module example, there is a Lua installer
https://github.com/cehoffman/lua-build#readme

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Rain Gloom <raingloom42@gmail.com> wrote:
What about https://github.com/cehoffman/luaenv ?
I'm asking both because of the name - luaenv is "taken" - and the difference in functionality. One thing that's definitely better in my opinion is the lack of an install script in luaenv. You just pull the repository and add a line to your bashrc/zshrc/whateverelserc.
If you want luarocks support, maybe it would be easier to implement that as a module (no need to reinvent everything from the basics that way).

ps.: "moonverman" sounds like a good name, according to my calculations. Also just "verman". It's not super necessary to put "l" or "lua" or "moon" into every package name.

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Lua Ver M, stylized LuaVerm, would be a better name.
>>

> We will then be able to write vermicelli code :-)

Much finer than spaghetti code, for sure!

/s/ Adam