If I may add:

Lua is the only language that I am aware of where the C API is considered a part of the language. It is much more module, or tool, than baked application and its extensions will form within that mold. I believe it is unlikely to ever really emerge from that wonderful, useful niche to become something you'd be likely to reach for when searching for stand alone applications and their big, ready to go ecosystems.

Lua is artfully incomplete.

-AS
On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 23:10 Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just finished writing a report called "LuaRocks Community Project"
> for my university with the plans of a project that I'll start working on the
> next following days. I almost feel like sharing it here. But I'm afraid that
> you will all disagree with me... I've been using it for a little over 2
> years and some people on this list have for 10x that :)

"Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged
understand judgment."  Job 32:9