On Jan 25, 2016, at 6:25 AM, Soni L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:

On 25/01/16 12:02 PM, Peter Aronoff wrote:
On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 07:54PM, Paul Merrell wrote:
A gentle reminder that if you want people to share in the Lua library
goodness you create, you need to list your library on the correct
lua-users.org page.[1]

It's helpful if you include in your description which versions of Lua
your library has been tested with.

I'm not sure if this was specifically for me or a general reminder, but I'm
curious about it either way.

When I need a lua library, my first instinct isn't to go to that wiki at
all, but to go to LuaRocks[1]. And it's suprising to me that the wiki
doesn't even mention LuaRocks.

I'm wonder if this is just a cultural split between (relatively) newer and
older users of Lua. I'd be curious to hear other thoughts.

[1]: https://luarocks.org

I don't go to the wiki at all. Or LuaRocks for that matter. I actually go to the mailing list and look for [ANN]s.

I’ve had some surprises lately in modules that I never heard of, that were on LuaRocks. I don’t know for sure, but my guess is that since Leaf Corcoran launched MoonRocks, and everyone could upload his own modules, many modules are no longer announced.

Which is a pity imo, as I always scan the list for [ANN]s as well. Maybe a small textual nudge on the upload pages would help?

Take away; search the LuaRocks site too, not everything in there is announced here on the list…

Thijs