> Currently every lua version has its own documentation, and they are
> independent. I wonder could we merge all the documentation into one?
> After doing that we can: 1) add availability info into every API (such as
> available 5.2+); 2) give obsolescence info to some old API and explain the
> reason. I think doing this can makes our document more instructive and
> coherent. Thanks.

I'm not too sure I like the idea of doing this in the manual, but I have
a lot of sympathy with writing Lua code that is portable across several
versions. A quick reference to the information would be very useful.

I've somewhere seen a document giving a two-dimensional table of
features against Lua releases. Maybe even on lua.org. Anybody with
a better memory?