> I still think that a README with content from http://www.lua.org/tests
> should be included in the test tarball. No harm in making it easier for
> users to run the tests, right?

Not exactly. The Lua tests have a coverage >99%. It is hard to get that
coverage, so portability (and usability) get sacrificed to some degree.
We prefer to avoid everybody running the tests, because in the end it
generates more noise than signal. (That is why they are not bundled in
the Lua tarball.)

What we probably should avoid is distributing a direct link to the
test tarball; istead, we should send a link to that page.

-- Roberto