Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> > I apologize if this is a very silly question: but is there a particular way
> > the tests are intended to be run? (A simple README might help for this.)
>
> I apologize if this is a very silly answer :-)
>
>   http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lua+tests&l=1

Ah, right: -e"_U=true". I've done it before, but completely forgot. With
that flag added, all basic tests pass on OSX as well.

I still think that a README with content from http://www.lua.org/tests
should be included in the test tarball. No harm in making it easier for
users to run the tests, right?

Thanks, Peter