Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote on 11/25/15 4:43 AM:
I've found this report of problems when compiling Lua 5.3 as C++ in
Visual Studio 2015:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33852264/lua-5-3-in-visual-studio-2015

Has anyone else come across this?

It does not seem to be related to Lua 5.3 or to Lua at all, but we'd like
to be sure and also if there is anything that can be done about it.

I haven't tried it with Lua 5.3, but I have run across this a lot lately when linking precompiled C libraries from other Visual Studio compiler versions, especially Visual Studio 2010, into a Visual Studio 2015 project.

In my case, the solution has been to recompile the given library-formerly-generated-with-Visual-Studio-2010 with Visual Studio 2015 instead.

In Lua's case, I imagine people with this issue are trying to link a Lua static library generated from another Visual Studio (maybe MinGW?) into their application. I wouldn't think linking a Lua DLL import library would be a problem, though, but I haven't dealt with this issue specifically.

-Josh