> > I may be missing something, but the following definitions in 'luaconf.h'
> > seem to do a good job of elliminating floats from Lua. A few caveats:
>
> I think the OP agrees that it is not hard, but is trying to push the notion
> that it is a sufficiently common Lua variation to justify being switched
> on with just a single -D. Imagine a cardiac pacemaker that is scriptable
> in Lua, that sort of thing.

The OP started his original request with this text:

    Changing the number type from double to "integer only" was easy in
    previous versions of Lua since only the configuration file needed to be
    changed.

This gave me the impression that the previous situation was "good
enough" for him, so I was mainly arguing that things are more or less
as they were.

-- Roberto