On 07/10/15 01:54 PM, steve donovan wrote:
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
JSON is almost always fine, but if I'm reaching for something that I'm going
to use in a Lua <=> Lua scenario, I'd want a better fit.
LTON Lua Table Object Notation - pronounced 'elton'. [1]

And Mr Highland agrees - Lua has strong roots as a data description language.

There could exist a binary compact version of [1], of course.
LcTON - Luac Table Object Notation

steve d.

[1] Found a ref here but this is not the original:
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2013-08/msg00263.html .  A suitably
restricted parser may be called John if necessary.