On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
>> JSON is almost always fine, but if I'm reaching for something that I'm going
>> to use in a Lua <=> Lua scenario, I'd want a better fit.
>
> LTON Lua Table Object Notation - pronounced 'elton'. [1]
>
> And Mr Highland agrees - Lua has strong roots as a data description language.
>
> There could exist a binary compact version of [1], of course.
>
> steve d.
>
> [1] Found a ref here but this is not the original:
> http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2013-08/msg00263.html .  A suitably
> restricted parser may be called John if necessary.

I'm sure that I'm not able to see all of the relevant factors here.

One question: In a human readable format, how would you represent
floating point numbers that don't have a perfect string
representation?

Is it that you think that the structure could / should be human
readable but the values may be serialized?

-Andrew