On 23 September 2015 at 10:14, Ervin Hegedüs <airween@gmail.com> wrote:
thanks - looks like it's very useful, and may be I'll try this
later. But now, I would like to understand the Lua stack as much
as possible. :)

I've found these:

https://julien.danjou.info/blog/2011/why-not-lua
https://julien.danjou.info/blog/2008/rants-about-lua

I'm looking for snippets like these, but if anybody knows a
document about Lua stack, that would be a good start.

Don't worry about documents as those - they pinpoint to personal opinions of the authors :) Would you rather write a "config file" using Scheme (Guile)? Because that's what the author recommends.

Instead, take a look at Programming in Lua, especially http://www.lua.org/pil/24.2.html to learn about accessing Lua from C using the stack. The book is written for Lua 5.0, but still very relevant even with 5.3.