On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 05:28:16PM +0300, Cosmin Apreutesei wrote:
> > Can you please point out to a specific rock where my distribution
> > choice turns out to be an issue?
>
> Of course they can't, they're just trolling (sorry guys but you are).
>
> Ubuntu 10.04 is a great choice as a building and testing target. It's
> what I use for luapower too. There are many reasons for this:

Without opining on any of the criticisms, I think it's worth pointing out
that the new Debian package policy for Lua modules rolls binaries for
different Lua versions into the same .deb package. For example, where once
you had lua5.1-lpeg and lua5.2-lpeg, now there's just lua-lpeg, which will
contain modules for Lua 5.1, 5.2, and (eventually) 5.3.

This is a counterpoint to the example somebody gave about how Python modules
are packaged. Also because you mentioned Ubuntu.