> A suggestion: make Git tags for your releases, as in
>    git tag v1.0.2
>    git push --tags
>
> So you can specify them in rockspecs for a given version:
>
>    source = {
>      url = "git://github.com/dlaurie/xtable",
>      tag = "v1.0.2",
>    }
>
> When uploading to the luarocks.org server using
>    luarocks upload xtable-1.0.2-1.rockspec
> it will generate a .src.rock file containing the code for that
> specific tag (the end user does not need to have git installed). You
> could use a download URL for your .zip file, but having Git tags for
> releases is a good idea as it lets users browse the code for specific
> releases online on Github more easily.

I'm not yet ready for either uploading to the server or
making a tag but anybody wishing to test out the current
version can install it using Luarocks on the attached rockspec
(almost identical to the one Philipp provided).

Main differences between 1.0.2 and 1.0-4:

1. Note the hyphen: LuaRocks naming convention in effect.
2. Works under Lua 5.1, 5.2 or 5.3. LuaJIT not tested, does
LuaRocks support it?
3. 'block.move' renamed to 'block.copy' since there now is
   'table.move'.
4. The description of "trisect" has been rewritten.