Hi there.

Mason Bogue <scythe+lua <at> ortsz.com> writes:
> I noticed this when I looked at luaproc a month ago and submitted a pr
> that fixes creating threads from pure Lua functions. Nobody said
> anything and I later realized that two other pull requests (of
> admittedly variable code quality) have been languishing for even
> longer. I'm not sure if Dr. Skyrme is simply away or doesn't want
> contributions via github.

Dr. Skyrme was kind of away indeed, finishing his PhD thesis. However,
now that is over with, we intend to resume maintaining and evolving
luaproc (and surely enough, we do want contributions via GitHub). As
soon as I get my act together I'll check the patches you submitted and
get back to you.

> I'd also like to know the community's opinion on luaproc, and whether
> it's features are desirable or generally considered to be superseded
> by something of which I'm not aware. I could take over maintainership
> of the library resp. bugfixes and minor PRs (e.g. v5.3 / v5.4
> compatibility), but I don't have the time or energy to break new
> ground and would want to pass it off to someone else if development
> takes off for some crazy reason. One exception: it is missing yield(),
> kind of convenient for any fiber library, which I could add easily
> enough.

Of course my opinion is biased, but we've been studying concurrency in
scripting languages for a quite a while now and we still feel luaproc
implements a sound model for safe concurrent programming with good
performance.

Regards,
--Alexandre