On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Mason Bogue <scythe+lua@ortsz.com> wrote:
> http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/docs/ry08-05.pdf
>
> This library -- which seems to show that Lua can handle concurrent
> programming quite well -- doesn't appear to be maintained. That's
> unfortunate, because I don't know if the other solutions available
> replicate the advantages of luaproc, viz. performance and simplicity.

+1

It looks like the thesis has been completed, the paper has been
published, and that's it.

I also think that luaproc approach is _really_ promising. I would be
interested in having Roberto's position on this.  Does he consider it
a one-shot student work?  Or, at the other end of the spectrum, are
there minions in the Lua secret labs working on a future "parallel
programming" addition to Lua 5.4?  :-)