Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, my point is that it IS documented in 5.3 -- in luaconf.h.

Oh, I see. Then our disagreement is about whether simply saying "go read
luaconf.h" is ideal documentation. I didn't mean to quibble about whether or
not it "is documented".

I'll say again that I think a one-sentence addition to the 5.3 manual would be
helpful, given that 5.2 built by default with the compatability layer that you
mentioned.

To be clear, this isn't criticism of anything. I agree that there was
documentation earlier. I concede that I could read luaconf.h But clearly
some of us missed things—perhaps because of the compatibility layer, perhaps
because of our own mistakes. It just seems that section 5.8 of the manual
is meant to be a clear, brief, public version of changes. One more sentence
wouldn't hurt anything surely?

Thanks, Peter