Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's already THERE -- just not in 5.3, but in 5.2 where that change actually
> happened:
>
> http://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/manual.html#8.2

Then I'm even more confused. Why did my tests pass just fine under Lua 5.2
without warning? Was the deprecation only in Lua 5.2's documentation? I'm pretty
sure that I was running these tests using vanilla Lua 5.1 and 5.2 builds, and
everything remained fine.

I suppose I'm saying that the notice should go in the 5.3 manual (even if it's
redundant for some people), because 5.3 is when code actually began to break.
Does that make sense?

Thanks, Peter