>  Depends on the system.  If the computer uses memory-mapped graphics (for
> example, a bog-standard IBM PC from the 80s or 90s in text mode mapped to
> 0xB0000000 or 0xB8000000 [1] depending upon the video card) then yes, it can
> be done in C.  But I'm afraid we're straying far from Lua here ...
>
>  -spc (Or $0400 on the Tandy Color Computer [2])

Well indeed, IF you were running on a non memory protected OS *and* the only requirement to access display was memory I/O (no auxiliary control registers not in memory space) AND there was no other program running that would also try to use the display memory correctly .. then you COULD do it :))

To the best of my knowledge, Lua may be the only modern language that can actually run in 640K of RAM (I recall someone got it to compile and run on Turbo C a while back).

—Tim