On 25/06/15 02:16 AM, Tim Hill wrote:
On Jun 24, 2015, at 10:56 AM, Soni L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:

You can't get enclosing closures.

function f()
  -- _ENV = _ENV -- redundant because we're making g a global, so we need _ENV
  function g() (""):doSomething() end -- function has no _ENV
end
-- good luck getting the env of g :P

--
Disclaimer: these emails are public and can be accessed from <TODO: get a non-DHCP IP and put it here>. If you do not agree with this, DO NOT REPLY.

function g() (""):doSomething(_ENV) end

—Tim

And how does that help with SANDBOXING the string metatable?

I mean, you'd be running untrusted code...