On 06/12/2015 08:15 PM, Brigham Toskin wrote:
Based on what I'm seeing here, I'd guess that 5.1 (and by extension,
jit) aren't supported, but you did explicitly mention that 5.3 is supported.

Lua versions 5.1 to 5.3 inclusive are supported, as is LuaJIT.

Under 5.3, it appears not to be loading readline; I manually passed the
location to that library when I installed lauprompt (otherwise it just
fails). Is this information not cached for runtime use?

The problem is that OSX doesn't provide readline, it provides libedit instead, which is a BSD-based compatibility library. It's not that compatible though. For instance the global variable rl_completion_suppress_append is missing, hence the error.

See my reply to your other message for more on this.