I'm not sure what Andrew's specific usecase is, but imagine timeseries data indexed by some non-integer timestamp format.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:36 PM, Tim Hill <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jun 5, 2015, at 11:50 AM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:

If Lua always stored all numeric keys in order, then there might be
more opportunities to dream up efficient iterators, like a sort of
`npairs`. I think I'm different, because i need to index values by
arbitrary numbers (and need them in order) quite often, whereas
everyone else is concerned only with sequences and their strict
definition.

Can you describe this is more detail? I’m curious.

—Tim

--
Brigham Toskin