> I would like to have an item named, say, 2015.0605. As it stands now,
> I will need
> to call it "2015.0605", otherwise maybe some implementation of Lua on the
> Blackcurrant Tart computer will get confused when it tries to find #t
> on my table.
>
> I think that is an unnecessary restriction. A one-word change in the manual
> can lift it.

Let us get real. Why would you want an item 2015.0605?? If it is some
magical fixed number, you might as well use "2015.0605" (or, better
yet, some clearer name). If it is some random number, what happens
if it comes as 2015.0000? Nothing good can come from that "feature".
(On the other hand, it can actually hinder some smart implementation
of '#' in the Blackcurrant Tart in the future.)

-- Roberto