Hi. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but after dealing with a compilation error involving LuaCrypto, Lua 5.2 and Fedora 21 (see [1]) I left wondering about the usage of compatibility flags.

Fedora 21 (haven't checked earlier versions) adds LUA_COMPAT_ALL to luaconf.h
Debian does not, but it compiles using an unmodified makefile (which defines it anyway).

Any pros/cons to the different approaches? Maybe the maintainers of the packages for those distros could enlight me.

Thanks in advance,
Ignacio

[1]: https://github.com/mkottman/luacrypto/issues/37